Our Policies and Agreements
- Swing in Rhythm is a non-profit organisation, or stichting, which has an equal opportunities policy. Individuals are treated fairly and without discrimination based on (but not limited to) the following – age (our age limit is the exception), physical or mental disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, belief, physical attributes, background or culture.
- You must be aged 18 or over to be a student at Swing in Rhythm.
- Stichting Swing in Rhythm is not responsible for any injuries, personal damage or loss during the classes.
- You and your dance partner (if applicable) will be placed on Swing in Rhythm's mailing list to receive our newsletter.
- In the event you wish to receive a refund, we will ask you to instead accept a voucher for the same value, to be used later in the year. If this cannot be arranged, you are encouraged to find someone else to take your place.
Failing these options, we will offer you a 75% refund of your ticket price.
- After signing up as a single lead we will match you to a single follow from the waitinglist, and vice versa. After that you cannot register as a couple with someone else anymore, when we already made another follow happy.
In our classes we rotate partners, which means we practice with different people throughout the lesson, as these are social dances where partner conversation and improvisation is at the heart of the dance.
In partner dancing we communicate with our partner via a physical connection.
Please make sure to respect everyones personal boundaries: always ask if other person would like to dance and practice with you and check in with your partner if they are comfortable before and during connecting and dancing.
If someone asks you to dance or practice and you feel uncomfortable dancing with them, and it's not necessary to give a reason.
At SiR we place strong value on providing a comfortable and safe environment for our students, so we also encourage you to express any concerns you may have to your teachers, both during or outside of class.